Practical and Ethical Issues Raised by Defending a Client Subject to a Reservation of Rights
Topics covered during this session will include:
- The insurer’s perspective on expectations from insurer-appointed and independent defense counsel;
- The policyholder’s perspective on expectations from defense counsel;
- Managing the competing expectations and objectives of both the client and the insurer;
- Potential conflicts of interest presented by an insurer’s reservation of rights; and
- How coverage issues may limit or impact: (1) litigation defense tactics and strategies and (2) defense counsel’s obligation to protect work product and/or privileged communications.
Speakers include Tyler Gerking of Farella Braun + Martel LLP and Glen Olson of Long & Levit.
This program qualifies for one hour of Ethics MCLE credit.
The program will be offered at noon on July 14, 2010 at the BASF offices, 301 Battery Street, Third Floor, San Francisco, CA. The program is open to all and lunch is provided. Click here for more information.